Many of us suffer from the effects of poor sleep. With a comprehensive sleep program, we have expertise in diagnosing and treating many sleep disorders, including sleep apnea.
The Sleep Center at Wheaton Franciscan – Wauwatosa Campus is committed to providing the highest quality of patient care in the field of sleep medicine.
Watch this video of Dr. Anthony Rieder describing the services offered at the Sleep Center:
Sleep Apnea Symptoms & Treatment
Sleep apnea means that your breathing often is blocked or partly blocked during sleep. The problem can be mild to severe, based on how often your lungs don’t get enough air. This may happen from 5 to more than 50 times an hour.
This topic focuses on obstructive sleep apnea, which is the most common type.
A less common type of apnea, called central sleep apnea, can occur in people who have had a stroke, have heart failure, or have a brain tumor or infection. Even though this topic isn’t about central sleep apnea, some of the treatments discussed here may also help treat it. Talk with your doctor to find out more about central sleep apnea.
Insomnia Testing & Treatment
Insomnia is difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep or a disturbance in sleep quality that makes sleep seem inadequate or unrefreshing.
- People are sleepy and tired during the day and have trouble functioning.
- Doctors base the diagnosis on a detailed description of sleep habits and patterns and sometimes use testing in a sleep laboratory.
- If possible, the cause is corrected, sometimes with changes in lifestyle, but sleep aids may be needed.
Snoring Treatment: Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Used to treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in children.
- Rarely used to treat snoring in adults.
- Not used to treat snoring in children.
- The surgeries typically require a stay in the hospital.
The Physicians and Practitioners at Alliance ENT are the top experts in Otolaryngology in Southeastern Wisconsin, including Milwaukee, Waukesha, Franklin, Brookfield, and Wauwatosa. Call today to get all of your questions answered!